Bring your employees, business team or community group on a 2 hour Artful Looking workshop and develop critical thinking and creativity skills whilst discussing art and museum objects. A series of artworks and museum objects are selected around which activities are arranged. All workshops are run by experienced museum educators in a museum of your choice.
- Sharpen skills of observation, interpretation and reasoning and become more proficient at expressing yourself.
- Improve listening skills and respect for alternative viewpoints through collaborative discussions using open-ended discussion and respectful dialogue.
- Learn from one another in a sociable group environment. Discussions are fun and interesting and always elicit fresh and exciting ideas.
- Learn to ‘look’ at art: no prior knowledge is required and everyone is equally involved as multiple interpretations are encouraged.
- A mindful and relaxing experience: time to slow down and have a more in-depth experience with an artwork or museum object.
- We can add an evening canal cruise and/or drinks and dinner options to your workshop to make it truly memorable too!
“Thanks for a great time! My team LOVED it; the Nederlanders got to experience an old favourite in a new way and our visiting teammates got to experience Dutch culture beautifully”
“As an educational publishing company working with creative people we wanted our annual author outing to be not only fun but connected to the creative side of writing. That is why we asked Thinking Museum to give us an Artful Looking workshop at the Tropenmuseum. It was very inspiring to focus on only a few beautiful objects in such a large museum, to think up and express our own thoughts, and to create interesting stories around the art.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed our Artful Looking workshop last evening. The discussion continued well into the night. We finally left around 22:30 and only because we needed to rescue our coats from the museum before they closed their doors!”
“It was terrific! (our guide) loves the art and loves to share her knowledge. She is skilled at engaging you in the viewing process and provides fascinating historical context.”
“Want a traditional art museum tour? Then don’t take this one! Rather than just lecture, our facilitators really engage you in thinking about the art work and its place in history. No wonder they call it ‘Thinking Museum’.
“Truly enjoyable, and we learned so very much. Excellent from beginning to end !”